Tuesday, September 9, 2008

That Damn Faucet is still leaking... Day 3

Ok. I've had time to regroup and rethink for a few days while I work on some pro bono DIY work with a friend of mine, Carpenter Pete. You should check out his blog regarding the sunroom we are working on together. I've got a link to it in my favorite blogs listing.



So, I've narrowed down the cause of the leaky faucet to somewhere within the vanity itself, and what better way to get into a vanity than with your trusted DIYer essential tool, the sawzall. That definitely did the trick and within a matter of a few minutes, I had the vanity temporarily removed so I could get down to business. You'll notice in the picture that I have gently removed the sinks in question in order to replace them once the leak has been corrected. Now that the vanity is out of place, lo and behold, the faucet wasn't the problem at all. The moment I pulled the sink out of the vanity, the faucet stopped leaking. Ya!

Quick score update: Leaky faucet 2 and Diehard DIYer 1 (no longer a shutout!)

Unfortunately, the leaky faucet may be fixed, but now I have a drip coming from one of the pipes sticking out of the wall...so it's back to the drawing board.

No comments: