Sunday, September 7, 2008

Leaky Faucet Day 2

So, after a few days of reflection and meditating around the notion of "if I was a leaky faucet, where would my problem be?" I have come up with a few solid leads on where to look to fix the
faucet. The most logical solution to me is that the problem is stemming from the closet walls. Out comes my trusty sledge (in my mind, a good sledge hammer is often just as effective as a good power tool.). You can see the results in the photo to the left. I thought I was on to something with all those pipes, but I have since discovered that those pipes are for the bathtub and shower...Who would have thought it. So, in case you are keeping score, right now it is: Leaky Faucet 1, Diehard DIYer - 0. Still, I have a large arsenal of power tools at my disposal and will not get discouraged from a minor setback...besides, that hole in the wall is just a fiberglass patch and a little spackle away from being good as new.




The next most logical place to look would be along the back wall of the bathroom...but again I was met with frustration and confusion...Honestly, who puts insulation between inside walls of their own house? I'm going to have to re-think my whole leak-fixing strategy. I call it quits for the day:

Leaky Faucet: 2 Diehard DIYer:0





No comments: